Monday, August 24, 2015

0 A failure with technology

Technology and I just don't get along. I will forever have applications and stuff on my computer that I have absolutely no idea how to use. It is to the point where my ten year old nephew knows more about how to use my iPhone than I do. I blame my parents for my struggles with technology. I was not aloud to have any electronic devices as a child. No video games, computers, or cell phones. 

Being in this class I hope that I can learn about how to use technology so that when I get into the classroom my students do not know more than I do about technology. Not only do I need help with working with technology but both of my parents are teachers and neither of them use technology how they could. I know that when I volunteer in their classrooms their students look very bored and not engaged. 

My learning style results were all over the place. In the first category I had a moderate preference, the next I had a strong preference and the final two I was balanced. The one category which I had a strong preference was being a sensing learner. I feel that out of all of the other category's that were analyzed in the learning style quiz  being a sensing learner is the only one I really saw myself as. Some time I think I will take the quiz again to compare my scores with what I got this time. 




2 comments:

  1. Bridget,

    Don't worry a bit about what you've learned or not learned in the past. When I started college my house was the only one that had internet, and the world wide web was in its infancy. You've got plenty of time and you'll notice that the learning curve is a reality. Which means the more you learn, the fast you will learn.

    Start by setting the goal of doing well in the Skill Checks. Practice a few times if needed. In class, sit next to more techie people.

    Just trust that you can do this. You have a whole class to help you. And have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget,

    I too struggle with technology and find myself having younger children know more than I do. I also hope to gain the same experience from this class as you. Hopefully during this class we can become tech partners and learn together!

    Rette love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete