Monday, October 12, 2015

5 Web 2.0 and New skills

     Web 2.0 tools are a great thing for a classroom. In the podcast they talked about how diigo can be used so that multiple students can read and make interactive notes at the same time. This would be great to use during stations time. This would allow students to make notes on the computer and collaborate. Not only Do web 2.0 tools allow students to collaborate but they can also allow teachers to collaborate. There are many blogs, wiki's, and twitter accounts that can help teachers with activities and lesson plans in their classrooms. Computers work on on networks. Some run off of wireless  or WiFi-networks while others run off of servers. A computer needs either WiFi or a server to get onto the internet and since web 2.0 are online. So these are very important parts for a computer to have with using web 2.0 tools.

     A web 2.0 tool that I would want to use in the classroom would be a SMART board. I think a smart board would be incredibly helpful when working with kindergarten students because it would allow them to be involved with the lesson. When students are involved the retain more information.
I have used Smart boards with classes that I volunteered with and it helped the classroom run very smoothly. The students were more engaged and that made transitions between subjects very good. It gave the students very little time to get off task and to get into mischief or any trouble.

     I can't apply the Web 2.0 tool that I want to use in my classroom to my blog because it is more used in a classroom setting while being hooked up to the internet rather than a way to communicate and connect with other students and teachers. Eventually it would be cool to do a tutorial or video on how to use a smart board and then post it to my blog. To find out more about SMART boards you can visit: http://education.smarttech.com/

     Working on the concept map allowed me to use a new website to create almost and outline to help with remembering the details of World War I. I could see myself using this website in my class and because I think it would help students remember the material. Giving students different parts of the war and then having them mix all the maps up and having them put them in chronological order would be a great study tool when it cam time to review for a test. I actually enjoyed this assignment I thought it was fun and definitely could see using it in my class room or just for me to use to study myself.



1 comment:

  1. Good integration of the podcast and textbook. I like your idea of giving the students points for their concept map on cards for them to arrange prior to developing the online version. BTW - a smart board is a periphery or a piece of equipment. Web 2.0 are online websites with collaborative or communicative capabilities.

    ReplyDelete