Monday, October 26, 2015

7 Bloom, Adaptive technology and New skills

     Blooms taxonomy has six different levels: create, evaluate, analyze, apply, understand, and remember. These concepts and the order they go in can be hard to remember. Using PowerPoint I believe it would be helpful to go in order and gradually build the idea up as a pyramid. So start out with an empty pyramid with just the words blooms taxonomy. As you progress through the slides add in each idea. An example would be to start with remembering because it is at the top of the pyramid. After you add it into the pyramid discuss the important facts like that this step is for recalling facts and basic concepts. The next slide would then show the next layer of the pyramid understanding and like with remembering we would talk about what this level is supposed to be about, explaining ideas and concepts. I would do this until I filled in the entire pyramid and finished with the top of it which is create.

     Adaptive technologies are specifically used for students with disabilities but also can be used for students who do not have disabilities. These technologies include, speech recognition software's and audio books as mentioned in the podcast. These two technologies are helpful to both disabled and non disabled. Students can use speech recognition software if they struggle with dyslexia or have problems with writing. The computer hears what they say then puts it into words. Audio books can be used by everyone. They are incredibly helpful for students because it allows them to look at books that can be above their reading level without having to have an adult there to read it to them. I know many people who use audio books while they drive because they enjoy books but do not necessarily have time to read them on their own. Like anything technology based I would worry that there would be technology malfunctions with the input or out out parts of the adaptive technology and being someone who is just coming around to understanding technology I would worry that it would break on me.

     New skills that I learned from this assignment was basically the whole assignment. I never thought that making a website could be so easy. I enjoyed getting to play around with the different pictures and try to imagine what it would be like for me to actually be creating my classroom website. They only part that I did not like about the website was that I had to publish it. I was uneasy about doing that so for peace of mind just in case someone stumbled across it that was not in our EME class I added that it was a class assignment. This link will take you to my web design assignment. http://bridgeteme2040.weebly.com/





1 comment:

  1. Good insight designating your website is a higher ed project and not based on an actual K-12 class. I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete